Please Note: If your check-in or check-out isn't working properly then you should do these things. If a coworker's check-in or check-out isn't working properly, please send them a link to this handy guide.
Section A: Checking the basic settings:
- You closed Yazira as an active app on your smartphone. Please open it again.
- You turned off your phone or your battery has run out. Please recharge your phone and ensure it's turned on.
- You are currently in an area where there is no, or very poor, network connection - possibly single bar or none. Please go to an area with better internet and data connectivity.
- Your phone is in airplane mode. Please turn off airplane mode.
Checking the phone settings:
- If you are on an iOS device (Apple's iPhone or iPad), your location settings for Yazira need to be set to "Always Allow". If you set it "While In Use" or "Never" then Yazira cannot properly track your check-ins and outs properly.
- If you are on an iOS device (Apple's iPhone or iPad), your battery settings cannot be set to "Low Power Mode" since Apple devices turn off or dramatically reduce background app updating capabilities in this mode. You can easily check this by seeing whether your battery icon at the top of your phone is appearing in yellow or not and if so then please disable it maintain your connection with Yazira.
- For all devices on iOS or Android, your cellular data connection needs to be turned on for Yazira to work properly as well.
- If you are on an Android device (Google, Samsung, Huawei, Oppo, Vivo, Xiaomi, LG and so on), you need to make sure that "High Accuracy Mode" is turned on.
- If you are on an Android device (Google, Samsung, Huawei, Oppo, Vivo, Xiaomi, LG and so on), you need to make sure that "App Optimization" mode for Smart Manager is disabled for the Yazira app. This needs to be done to allow Yazira to run and update properly in the background.
Checking the user settings:
- You need to make sure you are correctly logged in to your own account. Please go to your profile by tapping the Profile (Square Profile Picture) icon and make sure that your email address is correctly stated.
- You need to make sure that you are not logged into any other mobile devices. Even though Yazira will automatically log you out from all other mobile sessions when you log in, please check all your other mobile devices to ensure that Yazira isn't logged in to another account
Checking 3rd Party Apps:
- There are various apps (especially on Android) that may stop Yazira from running in the background properly. You need to make sure that none of these "App Killers" or "Task Managers" that are advertised as "Battery Saving" apps are either turned off or give explicit permission for Yazira to run inside them.
Checking Yazira's Version:
- Make sure the newest version of the Yazira app is installed on your phone. You can see if there is a new version by searching for Yazira in the App store or Play store or by simply checking the updates sections there. We are always improving your experience on Yazira so please keep it updated.
Still Doesn't Work?
- Please log out of the app if you are currently logged in. Simply go to Profile (Square Profile Picture) → Settings (Gear Icon) → Log out.
- Delete the Yazira application.
- Clear the Yazira app cache (if you are on an Android device).
- Find the Yazira app on the App Store or Play Store and reinstall it.
- Please log back in to the Yazira application.
- Don't worry about losing any of your information since Yazira works in the cloud and all of your information is stored safely & securely so that you can retrieve it back as soon as you log back in.
Note: These steps will resolve almost 99% of all connectivity issues related to Yazira.